Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hi Ho....

Back to work I go!  Well, back to work I went today. See how dedicated I am to my blog?  Posting on my first day back! (I started this post at work, but apparently I was too busy actually working to finish it!)   I thought it would feel more weird to be back after 12 weeks off, but it actually seems like I just left.  I can't believe that was May 26th when I was last here, and in labor at that.  Back to the daily grind!  I have mixed emotions. I don't think I'm cut out to be a full time stay at home mom, but I'm not sure I really want to be back here 34 hours/week either.  Unfortunately I don't think I will have the opportunity to change my schedule to less hours anytime soon. I do worry about my brain's capacity to handle anything more complex than watching HGTV, loading the dishwasher, changing diapers, and going to Target though!
D is out of town on business this week, so I had to handle the first day of daycare by myself.  I was kind of stressed about it, but everything went well. Liam seemed perfectly content there.  I called to check on him, and his teacher thanked ME for bringing her such an "awesome" baby!  Well, no problem Miss Cathy!  Glad I could help!  I was so glad to hear he was doing well.

Since my previous posts from the working world included maternity outfits, I thought in the spirit of my first day back, I would post one of my first non-maternity work outfit of 2010!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, hope the first week back at work goes well. Sounds like Liam is a little charmer! And, of course, your outfit is super cute!

Marla said...

I can't believe you're back to work already. Time flies! Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

I thought about you yesterday when I remembered you were going back to work. But at least you looked uber chic for your first day back! I hope it was a good one :)

And just think, only today and then you get a 2 day weekend :) Don't you just wish you could work 2 days a week all the time?

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are back already? It feels like you gave birth just yesterday. And hell, it looks like you haven't even been pregnant. You look GREAT!

erika said...

I have to say your co-workers must be dead envious seeing you returning from your maternity leave in such a perfect pre-baby shape!!! WOW:)
YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!