Tuesday, November 9, 2010

'Roids

And by 'roids, I actually means steroids this time, rather than the dreaded hemorrhoids, although those are still hanging around too. (In case you were wondering).  I know you were.

So L is now getting Nebulizer treatments with Albu.terol for his cough.  It's more in his lungs this time, and less in his sinuses.  (Yay?) So we have to do that every 4 hours, which of course he hates.  But the nurse said it actually works better when they are screaming, because they then suck in more of the air/mist.  My doctor also gave me these AWESOME fun statistics:  babies in daycare will get approx 10 colds/viruses lasting approx 10 days each their first year.  So this is 100 days of sickness, or roughly 1/3 of the year.  All occurring mostly during the winter months. So she said it's really not abnormal that he has ANOTHER cold.  Seriously, he was happy for a week.  *SIGH*.   I guess we better get used to this, it's going to be a long WI winter......

So for everyone's sake, I hope this doesn't turn into a 3 week-long ordeal again, as that was rough!

In other news, L routinely will eat a bowl of cereal mixed with a veggie (sweet potatoes and carrots so far).  He is such a big boy sitting in his bumbo with the tray attached to it and food all over his face!  The first night we had the tray I sat cross-legged on the floor in front of him to feed him. I had no idea the dogs would be so intrigued with my bowl of orange goop. They were circling him like sharks!  When they realized I wasn't giving them any, Jack started EATING it off L's face!    Yes, gross.  Yes, also funny :-)  It certainly helped me get him clean!!

4 comments:

Kari said...

I'm sorry that he's sick again and man thanks doc for the depressing stats. Hoping the treatments help him feel better quickly. Awesome news about the solids though!!

AL said...

wow, 1/3 of the year is so much, that's terrible. But, I would assume the good thing is you're building up your baby's immunity? I hope that's true.

I hope he feels better soon!

Marla said...

Aw, poor Liam. It used to be my job to give neb treatments. And babies were the worst, they hate it! (So would I!) But, yes, screaming is good. Babies take deep breaths when they scream.

Hope he feels better soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, dont'cha know my Ped gave us the EXACT same stats? It effing sucks!!!!! We are on our third daycare related sickness. The first, a cold. The second, pinkeye. The third (and current) - an ear infection.
I'm so irrated.

I hope your little guy will hurry up and get better soon and that those neb treatments help out!!!