Sunday, May 6, 2012

14 Weeks

I went to a bridal shower today.  It was for my cousin's girlfriend (fiance); not something I would probably entertain the thought of really going to since it's not like I know her well, but they have been dating for like 5 years, so she's come to many family events over the years.  She is a cool chick.  (And my mom guilted me into going with her).  The shower was pretty large, and obviously full of people who didn't necessarily know each other.  She went around the room and (loudly) introduced everyone one by one.  When she got to me, she announced, "And she's expecting TWINS!"  Uh.... I didn't like being the center of attention at my own shower, let alone someone else's in a room full of people I didn't know.  Thanks for THAT.   Everyone was ooohing and aaahing like I was some novelty then.    Hey everyone, watch me shovel in dessert!!  Oh, you want to chat and know how I'm feeling and when I'm due and if I'm going to find out the sex?   Oh.  Hmm....well, I'm just going to shovel in more dessert, thankyouverymuch.

Starting to feel some wicked lower abdominal pressure already, I can't even begin to imagine what it's going to be like later in the pregnancy.  I also started to get round 2 of the Crazy Hungries I think.  It took a little break for awhile but seems to be back.  Luckily one of things I have been eating a lot of are apples, but I have still managed to gain 10 pounds already.   Oofdah!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 14 weeks!

AL said...

wow, 14 weeks w twins! congrats!

Kari said...

Congrats on 2nd tri!!