I haven't done IComLeaveWe in quite some time, years probably. Not sure why now again, but I love meeting new bloggers and learning of new blogs, so here I am!
So my story: I have a son (L) who turning 2 on Saturday (!), and I'm pregnant again...about 4 months long, with twins. I am still shitting my pants over the twin thing on nearly a daily basis (not literally, but that is a whole 'nother post!). We conceived the first time with an IUI/injectable cycle, our first with injectables. We were not entirely certain we wanted another child. L was not an easy baby temperament-wise, and my DH and I just really like to do our own thing. I guess we are selfish that way. We eventually decided, though, that we didn't want to regret not at least trying to give L a sibling, and we are not getting any younger here. (I am 34, he is 39).
So we decided to try again, but no fertility treatments this time, as I just didn't want to go there again, and we wanted zero chance of multiples. BUT. I have MS, and while it is mainly under control, we learned I could not stay on my meds while even trying to get pregnant. My plan had been to stay on them until I learned I was pregnant, like the first time, but I was on a different med then. So that put a little wrench in the plans. We were already 2 months into trying at that point, and I realized pretty quickly that things were still "broken" (late ovulation and too-short of a luteal phase) and not likely to happen on their own, at least not quickly. So we only wanted a couple more months of trying at most, which led us back to the RE. Whereas my successful cycle the first time involved 10 days of Follistim, this time we only did 3 days plus letrozole, purposely trying to be less aggressive. Well, twins it is anyway! D'oh.
Now we are looking into building an addition onto our house and buying a mini-van. My how things change!
Also, I have a question. We currently have Liam at a daycare center/preschool. We do like it, and he seems to also. I think the socialization he's gotten there has been really good for him. Obviously now, we are going to have 3 kids in daycare to think about. The thoughts of logistically hauling all 3 of them anywhere together, let alone in the AM before work is terrifying. So the thought is to get a nanny. But then Liam is going to miss the interaction with kids his own age, and is going to be "stuck" with only 2 infants each day.We would be paying a bit more for the nanny, but it would be largely more convenient for us. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on this matter?
9 comments:
Professional nannies usually know where they can take the kids to socialize. Nannies seem to congregate at the play rooms and parks where I live, I would put feelers out for such things in your area and ask your perspective nannies what their ideas where based on their previous experiences to help keep Liam involved with kids.
Happy ICLW! Good luck with your pregnancy and I hope it's a smooth and easy one. I bet you will get lucky and the twins will be as easy going as your daughter. :-)
Hi from ICLW. congrats on the twins. Wow is must be such a shocker from the one to the now pending 3. Looking forward to following your journey.
HI I'm from ICLW just thought I would say congrats on the Twins and thank u so much for sharing ur story!!!!
I have to say, our in-home nanny is worth her weight in gold. Like you said, the thought of getting twins out the door (I can't even imagine with a third!) in the morning before work... terrifying! I also agree with Audrey... our nanny takes our girls to the park every day and they already have little "friends." Not to mention, most nannies will usually do the dishes or sweep... little chores like that make a huge difference when you get home from work. Best of luck... don't worry, twins are fun. ;)
Visiting from ICLW.... Good luck with everything... thanks for sharing your story...
Hello from ICLW.
What if Liam goes to daycare and the twins stay at home with a nanny? Because I'm thinking Liam will be almost three when the twins will be born, and probably another year or two before he can actually play with them. So on one hand, it is great that with a nanny he'd be getting almost one on one attention, but on the other hand, if he is used to kids company, it might be going back (obviously I don't know you or Liam, so this is just my thought on your question)
Congrats on the pregnancy! Hope all goes well.
ICLW #26
Hello from ICLW. Congratulations with your pregnancy! Hope all goes well!
Post a Comment