Monday, July 9, 2012

10/19/12

....is the day I have a c-section scheduled!   Whoah.   I have an END DATE.  I will be 37.5 weeks at that point, so that is considered an induction for twins.   I very well may not make it that far, but I am actually the one who suggested the c-section to my dr at my appt today.  Some of you  may think that is odd considering I could have another vagional birth if Baby A ends up staying head down.   However, he did say even the best-laid vagional birth plans with 2 head-down babies often result in a c-section after Baby A comes out and baby B experiences trauma from the process.   All I can think of from my first birth is my horrid recovery.  I had a grade-3 tear (whatever that really means) and hemorrhoids that caused my nurse once I was moved to anti-partum to proclaim "Whoah girl, you have some BAD hemorrhoids".   My stitches did not heal the tear by the 6 week check-up, so I had to cautarized. TWICE.  So I wasn't "healed" until 14 weeks post partum.   And the 'roids?  Never have gone away.  For 2 YEARS.  The thought of doing a bunch more pushing/tearing/etc right now knowing that I could go through that AND have a c-section?  Nope.  Not gonna do it.   Luckily my OB was in agreement.  I know recovering from a c-section is no walk in the park either, but I think it's what I need to do.

 And he wrote me a referral today to OT for my carpal tunnel.  This is all shaping up to be just like last time. I'm totally congested and stuffed up every day again too.  Pregnancy is so weird.   I feel so big, but I continue to measure 3 weeks' ahead-so right now I'm measuring 26 weeks.  Not too shabby I suppose. 

And he said he's going to refer me to a surgeon for sometime after birth and recovery for hemorrhoid surgery.  Now, THAT sounds like a horrid recovery.  But if it makes them go away?    Then I'm down.
And it's only 85 here today instead of 105, so things are looking up! 

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I am sorry I have not been posting much. Still having a difficult time these days but I wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and that my son Aaron was born on 10/19/10. 10/19 is a great day = )

Lauren said...

Yes, not too shabby... I am measuring 3-4 weeks ahead and I'm only pregnant with one! lol.

Your recovery from your last birth sounds AWFUL! I wouldn't want to go through that AND a c-section, either.

Kari said...

It's great you have a date scheduled!!

Alison said...

Yeah! It's great to have a date to shoot for. Let me know if you have questions about the c-section.

manymanymoons said...

That is so awesome that you have an end date to look forward to. I am so on board with your plan. Sometimes you just have to know what you can handle and what is best in your own situation and you totally do. Good for you!