Friday, September 14, 2012

The Calm Before the Storm

Thank you, thank you for all the kind words on my last post.  I always hate to be complain-y when there are still people out there in the trenches. I am sensitive to that.  But it is what it is and that's how I feel. 

I realized I haven't been posting many pictures of Liam these days. It's definitely not because I haven't been taking any, but rather than I am always snapping pics with my iPhone, and he is just too quick!  It just doesn't take fast enough pictures to get a decent one of him.  I tried to find a few though so he gets some representation here too!  And instead of cuddling with Roxy lately, L is often pestering her incessantly, and then she gets annoyed and growls at him.  I feel like I am constantly saying "Leave Roxy alone!  She doesn't want to play right now!"  Hopefully he doesn't pester the babies constantly!



Out to dinner tonight as a three-some.


Playing a game on the iPad


And now some randomness:

Question for you bottle-feeders (ha, kind of sounds like bottom-feeders) out there.  What kind of bottles do you use?  We just used the cheapie Gerber plastic ones the first time around, and they worked quite well for the price. We just upgraded to the faster "flow" ones as L got bigger.  However, he did have major reflux issues, and while that likely had little to do with the actual plastic bottles, this time around I bought a bunch of Dr. Browns. Others have recommended the Advent ones. Just curious if you all had a preference, and if you think it really makes much of a different in their feeding/sucking, etc. Obviously the Dr. B ones cost quite a bit more...wondering if it's worth it.


You know what sucks when your belly is really big?  Maternity jeans.  I never liked them to begin with (and have never understood when people say they're so comfortable).  I have always felt like they just fall down and/or need to be readjusted every time I stand up. I have a long torso; not sure if that contributes. Luckily I have gotten away with not wearing them much this time around at all, just since it's been so hot and I've found other alternatives in my casual workplace. But yesterday it was cold and rainy here (hello Fall), and so I wore an Old Navy pair from last time that have the full panel. The panel seems to fit my belly, but I don't think it actually does, as it will just pop off my belly, and then the pants fall down! I don't think the panel comes up high enough or something. And it feels so restrictive.  Yet, the under belly demi-panel ones seem to present a problem as well.  It's like my belly is too heavy, and gravity just pushes those down too!  I can't win.  Hopefully I can find things other than yoga pants to wear for the next few weeks...

33 weeks tomorrow..... here' hoping they hang on a couple more weeks, as we're just not quite ready!
My hands and wrists are a mess, my 'roids are out of control, I can't breathe day after day, and my left foot and ankle is way more swollen than my right.  But all in all, I guess I'm in pretty good shape with the pregnancy to not have any restrictions.  In fact, I just shampooed our carpet (just a small-ish portion) and took Roxy for a walk.  Not bad for 33 weeks with twins.

4 comments:

Kari said...

We started with the Dr B bottles. Hated how much work they are to wash. Switched to Avent. Better, but still too much work to wash. Went to Drop Ins...ah bottle bliss. Just wash the collar and nipple and you can reuse the outer bottle or wash that too but still much less work than all those little pieces for the others. Love the L & Roxy pic!! LD went from gentle woth the cats to trying to crush them constantly and hit them. Its annoying.

quadmom said...

Love L's head of curls! We used Dr. Brown's the entire time. I didn't find them hard to wash because we shoved all the pieces in 2 Munchkin dishwasher baskets. I had it perfectly figured out how to lay each piece so it all fit and could load the thing super fast. I highly recommend those baskets. I can tell you how I fit all the pieces if you want or you could just buy more baskets than you need haha.

Jules said...

Ugh, Old Navy maternity jeans are the WORST! I bought a pair months ago and had them hemmed at the dry cleaner. Wore them once and they just wouldn't stay up! Totally useless. I then found the maternity boot cut jeans from Motherhood and I've been living in them. They stay up and are so comfy! But I'm having to slouch them nowadays though so the seam doesn't cut into my tummy.

AL said...

L is so cute! love his curls!

I felt the same way about maternity jeans, they were never comfy for me. I had one pair of gap ones that I loved, but I hated my mother hood full panel ones!