I would say time is flying by, but really? It's not flying that fast lately. We have been hit with sickness again (uh oh, I'm being negative again!), but hey, the truth hurts sometimes. It's The Coughing again, and all 3 of them have been hit. Hopefully it takes a hike soon. I feel like I bathed in hand sanitizer all weekend. And carried around crying babies. We're trying hard to keep them off their flat spots (they both have mild torticollis, but Olive is worse) and do their "look left" activities, tummy time, etc, but when they don't feel well and just want to cry, forcing them to do stretches is not high on the list of fun housebound activities. They are both sitting in their bumbos for more time though, so hopefully that will help some. And they are both eating oatmeal now, so that equals more bumbo time! Still not doing well on the nighttime sleeping front. Olive has had 1 night of sleeping through the night without waking to eat, but mostly they each wake once. Last night Olive was up 4 times though. I think it's just the darn congestion/coughing that is an issue at this point. We do still have our nanny, but her schedule isn't terribly consistent due to the constant snow. More coming at us tonight!
In other news, Liam is now wearing underwear! Big yay! It suddenly became apparent to them at school that he was ready to make the leap, so they had us bring underwear last week, and the first day he only had 2 accidents! He has had a couple poop accidents, but overall, he's really doing well. I am rather amazed. Now he will tell US "I'm a BIG BOY". Okay, pal, that line has been useless when we've tried to tell him that, but now I guess he's more than ready to accept it, and he's owning it!!
We are spending lots of time camped out in the bathroom, but hey! I will take it. Then he wants whichever parent who was not present to witness the potty use to come look at the pee/poop before it gets flushed. So that's fun :)
Here's the only outfit I have managed to capture lately. (At Target, natch).
Dress: random-thrifted, Scarf: Target, Leggings: Target, Boots: Enzo Angiolini.(Tax money gift to me!)


5 comments:
Ugh, the snow! I'm def. leaving work early today thanks to that! Sorry to hear the sickness continues. I'm just getting over my 3rd cold since they've been born and (knock wood) I've been able to contain the sickness like you with the hand sanitizer, and basically not talking right at the babies' faces to avoid any spit from flying in their mouths. Way to go Liam! Are your kids seeing a PT? Mine are for torticollis and flat heads and I just got the news that Alec will def. need a helmet and maybe Des too. Oh boy, can't wait to blog about that one. :-(
They are so adorable!! But yeah I'm sure being screamed at all weekend was not fun. Hope you banish those sickies soon. And yay for underwear!! LD has no interest in PT at all. *sigh*
Sorry you're all sick again :( But hey, getting up to eat only once a night is GREAT for 5 month olds! 11 or 12 hours is an extremely long time to go without eating at all for those tiny tummies.
I'm just catching up on everything...
WTF is with this anonymous person? Ugh...
You are not being negative at all. You have every right to post what is going on with your life. It's not all rainbows and butterflies.
I happen to love all your posts!!
Sorry to hear you are up to your eyeballs in sickness over there. No fun...I hope everything clears up fast!
Babies are growing a lot!!! I hope the bumbo helps with their flat spots. Helmets are pretty much my biggest fear these days.
I hope the snow stops soon....
Ahhh....babies looking at and playing together......tons of thought bubble potential there.....plus the pooch even came over to see what was up. Dogs and babies.....melt! Hope all the sicknesses hightail it outta there!
Post a Comment