
Well, I have officially reached 24 weeks, and I'm getting bigger by the day! I don't have anything particularly exciting to report. I still have the night sweats, which have been fairly constant since the beginning. I think they are a little better than they were in the 1T, so instead of waking up drenched, I'm more damp and sticky. SEXY. This morning he was being extra active, so D put his hand on my stomach to feel. Upon feeling it's warm stickiness, he said "gross!" Uh, yeah, welcome to my life buddy! It is 66-67 degrees in our room, and I wear shorts and a tank top to bed!
Baby was so active you could see my stomach moving from the outside today. That is kind of strange to see, but it's facinating also. I just lie there aned watch it move, feeling like there's an alien in there!
My only other real complaint is the pregnancy rhinitis that seems to be accompanying me to the end. It's like having a cold that won't go away, and it's getting very, very old. It's sinus pressuare/drainage, etc. Each night before bed I have to use a Neti pot, then blow my nose, then use Flonase nasal spray, then blow my nose again, then put Vicks on, and then go to bed *sigh*. If I'm lucky there is also a bloody nose to add to the fun! Wheee
In other news, they are building a new house across the street from me, and they started digging today despite the 6-8" of expected snow coming down. I can only hope and pray that the walls and roof will be finished before June 1st, as I just can't imagine all that pounding with a newborn at home. I live in an unfinished subdivision that is owned by the builder, so they are pretty efficient at getting the homes up and ready to go. Hopefully the weather will cooperate, as I'm NOT in the mood for dump trucks, cement trucks, and OMG THE POUNDING. Don't they know there's a baby brewing in here???
Also, thanks to those who offered encouraging comments to my last post. I think I was having a bit of a hormone-fueled meltdown when I came to the realization one day that I was more interested to shop for sandals for me than I was baby stuff at that moment in time. This weekend is when I'm going to sit down with my mom and go through the things that D's sister has already given us and figure out what I still need. I also have starting creating a registry, so I'm getting there slowly but surely. But hello! Cute sandals! I'm easily distracted....because every WI girl needs new sandals in the middle of winter!
9 comments:
Wow! 24 weeks already! Be sure to keep your alien warm in the upcomins snowstorm! ;)
You look adorable! I can't believe you're 24 weeks already! Yay!
You are the cutest little pregnant lady! Congrats on 24 weeks!
You look so great! Congrats on 24 weeks! I hope they get moving on that house. :)
You look too cute!!!:)
and for the sandals, I totally understand where you are coming from. Since I moved here, I have the same, constant urge to buy sandals. They give me hope that we survive winter, LOL During my first Spring here I was shocked when I saw all those girlies on campus in flip-flops in March and we were stil in the low 40's.
So I agree, a WI girl needs sandals, we just deserve it!:)
Yay! for teaming up with your Mom and start planning the baby stuff! I am sure it will be fun getting her involved.
Lol, you can never have too many sandals!
You look good, cute belly! That's so crazy you can see him move from the outside, I've heard of that and I imagine if it happens to me it will be really weird too. Good weird though lol. Good luck going through all the baby things. I'm SO bad at stuff like that, I procrastinate like no other! I'm going on 3 weeks w/ picture frames and piles of pictures on my dining room table b/c I just don't wanna do it!
Congrats on 24 weeks!! You look awesome! I am probably going to have to try the Neti pot ... I will take your word for it that you haven't choked or anything. =)
I cannot believe you can see the baby moving. I am freaked out for that -- I feel like it will be just as you described ... like an alien trapped inside me! haha. But still that's really reassuring to have such a strong reminder that all's well in there.
Looking good! Oh and I had the bloody nose thing almost daily up until about a week ago... so fun : )
you look fantastic!! seriously fantastic!!
Post a Comment