So we are all signed up for a childbirth class and a "caring for your newborn" class here through my affiliated hospital. The newborn classes are all booked up until 5/19, so hopefully we will get that in before he makes his grand entrace. At first I felt weird about admitting that going to that class would be very beneficial (and very necessary) for D and me. As one co-worker said "that's where they teach you how to change diapers and all of that. You know how to change a diaper, right?" Uhh....... well, knowing and doing are 2 separate things! I used to babysit a lot in Jr. High and HS, but it's not like I had a whole lot of diaper changing to do. People don't generally leave their newborns with 12 year olds! I was much more accumstomed to watching hellacious brats while their parents got a much needed night out! I've since learned that a lot of the new moms and dads I know went to that class, so that makes me feel better about being clueless.
I am starting to get another hunger wave. I just want to eat. And sleep. Oh, the excitement! And can't forget the peeing. I can never forget the peeing.
Also, thank you to Erika for the Happy 101 Award!
You are supposed to list 10 things that make you happy (and course nominate other bloggers, which I am really, really lazy about!) So I will just list my 10 things.
1. Wine. Oh, how I miss wine. I will be excited to be off the wagon and back on the grape this summer! (and mmmm....magaritas!)
2. Sunshine, most specifically sunshine in the summer/spring/fall. I will take it in the winter when we get it, but I would much prefer to live in a warmer, sunnier climate. I am trying to be very diligent about suscreen in recent years, as I spent way too much of my life baking myself like a lizard!
3. The beach/ocean. I don't love to swim in the ocean per se, I just really like to be near it. It's very calming for me.
4. Chocolate and baked goods, specifically cookies, bars, and donuts. A good cookie can really make my day. I have very little willpower around chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin.
5. Puppies. I am SUCH a sucker for a cute puppy. Well, most are pretty darn cute. I am, of course, partial to my own dogs, but I am also that person who wants to pet random dogs on the street as well.
6. Coffee. Just about any variation of a coffee drink is good! I hate plain black coffee though.
7. Live music makes me happy. I hae been to some fantastic concerts.
8. Going out for a nice dinner with my hubby. If the dinner includes wine and dessert, even better!
9. Gardening. I never thought I would enjoy it, but I really do!
10. I LOVE jeans. I am so thankful I can wear them to work many days. I have a little problem with buying way too many
5 comments:
That's cool you signed up for the class! That sound like something I'd like for me and F to do if we ever get pregnant. You can never be too prepared I think.
Loved your 10 things!
So exciting that you're all signed up for classes! I can't believe how quickly your pregnancy is going (for me at least...haha!)
So fun to learn these things about you. I am a totally jeans-addict as well. Unfort my office is super formal, but it doesn't stop my from buying jeans whenever I can :)
I would sign up for that class too. Sounds informative. Good luck.
We are taking our birthing class right now. Actually, last night was our 2nd class and we got to tour the labor & delivery and post-partum wards and the nursery. It's been very useful to learn the breathing techniques and about different pain meds, etc. We are only 16.5 weeks along, but I look just a tiny bit smaller than all the 7 month moms! lol. Are you taking a breast-feeding class? We signed up for one in late March (if I can still stand by then). You might look into it if they offer one!
I miss the sunshine right now! Stupid winter.
How exciting to schedule the classes! I am sure it will be interesting to peak around at the facilities, too.
It sounds you have quite a bit of experience under your belt from your babysitting career, so it should be easy for you.
I loved your list. I love the sunshine, too! these last couple of days felt like Spring is around, teasing us. I am excited! and so ready!!!
For V-day, we have visited the Vollersheim vinery. I got really excited, bc I love vine but he was never excited about alcohol, so we don't drink at all. But! he liked the vine tour and tasting and got excited a little, so we came home with 2 bottles. Nice!
Our town is great for live concerts. There is a huge variety of venues, it's sure a fun place to be!
Post a Comment