Monday, February 1, 2010

New Jeans, Go Badgers and other Random Thoughts




So baby Wilkie has already been to 3 Badger basketball games this year and is heading to another one next week! He is a lucky boy, and he's not even here yet!(the games are all sold out every year). Luckily my dad hooks me up sometimes. Big game tomorrow night against MSU! Go Bucky!


In addition to my Costco adventures this weekend, I also went to Old Navy...umm...3 times, because that's how I roll. They had mega sales going on, and I'm famous for buying things and immediately returning them. So. While I was browsing clearance racks, I came across maternity jeans. I know! They don't SELL maternity stuff in the stores in town, so I have no idea what they were doing there. Someone must have returned them to some poor unsuspecting sales clerk who didn't realize what they were! So they were cute jeans, the low-rise kind that more or less look like regular pants. Of course they weren't on clearance like everything else, but being able to try them on is enough of a bonus IMO. They were even in my size, so of course I had to buy them if for no other reason than the fact that they are way less ugly than what I have found thus far. But....they are kind of weird. The front is very low, as it goes under your belly, and then they are higher in the back. However, there really isn't anything keeping them in place. The waist is actually pretty big, and either my stomach isn't there yet or they are just weird. They felt like they were going to fall down this AM, so I decided they needed some sort of belt. Of course my belts don't fit me now, so I improvised and used a "belt" that normally goes with a wrap dress. I had to tie it in front, and then weave the long stands back through the belt loops so they lie flat. Just call me MacGyver! Every time I stand up I feel like I need to adjust them, so I really can't decide if they are worth keeping. Maybe they just need a regular belt. I read some reviews online, and many people said they hated them because they always felt like their crack was hanging out or they were falling down! The experiment continues.





And on a completely unrelated topic, I think I may have mentioned my co-workers sister who sees my same RE. She got a BFP on her 1st RE cycle with just Clomid, but she had am ectopic. She's had a couple failed injectible cycles since then, and most recently what she thought was a 3rd failed injects cycle. She started "AF" right on time. However, it never turned into a "normal" AF, so she called the clinic. They told her to take a HPT, and it was positive! Her betas were good. But last week at 6 weeks, since started bleeding heavily. So she went in and found out she was indeed losing the pregnancy, but the OTHER one was okay. So yep, there were 2 gestational sacs that they were unaware of, and now the other one seems okay! What a rollercoaster of emotions to go through, I can't even imagine. I was talking to D about this situation, and he asked "we're out of the woods now for a m/c, right?" I just felt like that was such a sweet question. Like I, he has been SO worried this whole time that the other shoe is going to drop...that it will never quite be smooth sailing for us. It got me to thinking though, that I wasn't sure it would be considered a m/c anymore, but rather a premature birth from this point out (or maybe from 24 weeks, since I think that is technically considered the viability mark). SCARY.

Seriously, there is always something new to worry about. I do feel like I have come a long way from the worrying I was doing at the beginning though. I am not sure I will ever really just relax though. I guess IF does that to you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The jeans look cute in the pic, maybe you should try to find a belt? Hopefully you'll figure out a way to make them comfy!

That's crazy about your co-worker's sister, that's just horrible! I can't imagine. I hope the other baby makes it. =(

quadmom said...

Oh my gosh, I cannot imagine how your co-worker's sister must have felt with that roller coaster of emotions. I will pray that her baby stays safe and healthy.

I was looking a pics of maternity pants online and I know what you mean about them being higher in the back. It seems weird. I guess I need to go try some on myself.

Bug's Momma said...

The jeans are cute in the pic!

And I cannot imagine losing a child. I hope your friend's other baby stays tight and snug!

erika said...

Your Bucky shirt and your baby belly are just too cute together;)
I like the other pic, too.

I am sorry about your co-worker's sister. It's heartbreaking to hear about losses. I hope your friend will get better soon and her pregnancy will be uneventful until term.

AL said...

So sorry to hear about your coworkers sister - I'm glad she has one baby still hanging on. What a roller coaster.

Hope you find something that works with your jeans...so frustrating!

Anonymous said...

As always, you look just too adorable. I hope you have fun at the game!

I also love Old Navy. I can't imagine how much I'll be going there once I'm pregnant. Probably too much!

That's so terrible about your co-worker's sister, but I love how your DH reacted. That is too sweet. I hope her other baby stays nice and snuggled in for the next 8 months.

jones said...

Thanks Jen!! I have to wear a belt with my maternity jeans at this point. They also go under the belly - but I figure in a few more weeks they will be holding themselves up just fine. That or I'm going to need a bigger belt! You look fantastic!