Wednesday, February 24, 2010

26 Weeks


Sweater: Duo Maternity
Jeans: Old Navy boot cut roll waste

The teddy bear in the picture is one D's mom gave us; it's his from when he was little. He is excited to share it with his son :). We had to put it up because Jack thinks every stuffed toy is his, which could present a major problem! He will tear anything to shreds within 5 minutes and then carry around the half stuffed carcass for days. That might be traumatic for Baby Wilkie!

We have so many people ask us how we think Jack and Roxy are going to react to the baby, since they are obviously quite used to being the babies around here! We have read that it's best to attempt to prepare them ahead of time by carrying around a doll that cries. My co-worker brought me a plastic doll today. It cries, giggles, and babbles when you squeeze it. It's actually kind of creepy! Everyone kept asking me "what's with the creepy doll in your office?!" LOL. We aren't going to try it out around the dogs quite yet, as we are fearful we will slack off with it and it will lose all meaning. I think dogs are smart though; I have a hard time believing a plastic doll is going to do much, but hey, we are willing to give it a try!

I have my glucose test and b/w tomorrow. It's weird that after having so much b/w with my RE, I haven't had any since 9 weeks. I also haven't been to see my OB for 4.5 weeks! It seems like so long ago. Can't wait to hop on the scale. (NOT)

Oh, and thanks for everyone's positive comments about my "fashion" posts. I always have loved seeing other people's blogs when they post pictures/clothes, etc, so I thought I would post maternity clothes. I am no fashion expert, but I try to look decent even when pregnant! It's challening to find decent shirts that don't look like babydoll tents that tie in the back. I'm not a fan of that look!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pic! And that dark blueish grey paint color on your wall is the same color in our bedroom, I love it! That's interesting about using the baby-doll to get your dogs used to having a baby around. I wonder what they will do. Milo would bark like hell at the doll if it made any noises. He's good with my niece and nephew though. But if my nephew was eating a bottle and had milk on his mouth Milo was all over him!!!! It was funny, he would lick his face.

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow! Your scale comment cracked me up, lol.

Marla said...

No one said that a pregnant lady can't be stylin' too, am I right? You seem to be able to find the right clothes, which is not easy with all those crazy balloon tents that sell these days. =)

Anonymous said...

Adorable yet again :) Love the teddy! My doggies do the same things with anything stuffed. Sadly, I'm not sure how long teddies will last in our home because of it :)
Have fun with your GTT and at the OB ;)

erika said...

Haha! I like the doll idea, but honestly I don't think one can trick a smart little dog with a plastic doll. Or I would be surprised, so I am excited to hear how your puppies will react. Sounds like a fun project.

FX for your glucose test today!
Again, you look so cute in the new outfit!

AL said...

Cute belly, Jen! You're such a cute prego lady.

Very cool idea with the crying baby doll...can't wait to haer how that goes when you guys give it a try.

Hope all looks great at the appointment today...good luck!

quadmom said...

Congrats on making it to 26 weeks!! And still looking great! =) That's hilarious about the creepy doll. Hopefully once you start carrying it around the dogs will adapt very quickly. I am very concerned about our cat -- he hates all humans except me. And he's not the smartest so carrying around a doll would have zero impact. I am pretty sure I'm just going to have to keep him separated from the babies.

Good luck with your glucose and other b/w tests! I hope everything comes back perfect!

djordan said...

Looking good! Hope you get some neat 3D pictures. They are really cool!