So I got up to pee as per usual around 3:30 this morning. I went to the couch after that, as I am usually not able to fall back asleep easily these days. I laid back down and felt like I had to immediately pee again. I got back up an realized "pee" was dribbling down my leg, which isn't normal! I wondered if perhaps it was my water breaking just based on others' posts on the subject. It kept happening and got stronger. I was pretty sure then, but I didn't want to alarm D before I was sure. It started gushing a bit, and my mucus plug came out, so I woke him up. We texted our friend/neighbor to come by to stay with Liam and headed to the hospital while I sat on a towel in the car. On the 10ish minute ride, I thought I was starting to have contractions, but it was kind of a weird dull ache, not really what I remember from the first time.
We got to L & D, and the gushing was getting stronger. While I laid there and they were checking me in/asking questions, etc, the contrax got much stronger. I was definitely in some serious pain. I felt like I had to explain to several people why exactly I had a scheduled c-section and didn't want to try vaginally. Once we got that squared away, the resident said they weren't going to check my cervix, as it didn't matter anyway. They did check my BP (162/90!) and run some lab work. They also had my platelet count from my lab work yesterday and learned my count was low. Then the OB on call arrived as I moaned and writhed on the table, and decided they were going to check me. I was at a full 10 cm! HOLY SHIT. Then things started to happen rapidly. I felt like I had to push, I was in misery, and they rushed me to the OR. The Dr. determined that my low platelet count plus my labor being so far progressed didn't leave enough time for even a spinal. They told me I would have to be put out completely. I was in SO much pain, I feel sick just remembering it. I thought being totally out at that point sounded good! I still had to wait for anesthesiology to get there, and I heard them call them again. They put the catheter in then, which was so painful I remember yelling at the nurse! Oops. I was put out then and woke up in a serious fog to Olive (actually 4.05lbs) and Jude (5.5lbs) on the outside and off to the NICU. It was such a crazy, painful, fast ride. The pain meds left me in a fog most of the day, and my BP continues to be really high. They made me take it easy most of the day and not have much for visitors. The doctors will evidently decide during tomorrow's rounds what the plan of attack is for my BP.
I FINALLY got to go to the NICU and see Olive and Jude about 4PM. It was so weird not being able to before that. They are both breathing on their own, but they both have feeding tubes currently. They aren't sure how long they will be here, but it isn't projected to be terribly long. We have been told they are doing really well.
So that is my crazy story. I am in a quite a bit of pain, and I haven't yet decided if it's preferable to a grade 3 tear and angry 'roids yet. I don't think I was prepared for it to be this hard to move around and do anything today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!
I will try to post pictures soon!
3 comments:
Wow, congratulations! That's quite an intense birth story! Hope tomorrow is better and you recover quickly. By the way I love their names! Can't wait to see pictures.
Wow, I totally missed this! Not surprising, since my own babe is not even quite 5 days old. But congratulations!!!! I hope the babies do great and can get out of there and go home with you soon!
Wow what a crazy ride you had!! I'm sorry that things went so quickly and you had to be put out. I hope the babes get rid of the feeding tubes soon and you are able to feel better being up and moving around. Welcome to the world little ones!!
Post a Comment