Monday, September 10, 2012

Instinct vs. Reality, 32 Weeks 2 Days

I'm over it.  Done done done.  I think I have dropped a bit.  And I've been having some mucus-ish discharge since Saturday.  I actually googled "mucus plug" today. Is that weird?  I was seeking photos.  Gross, but I found some! I don't think that is what I have "lost", but I think something is going on.   I have tons of lower pelvic pressure today as well.  I no doubt officially look like I'm waddling around, as that is what I feel like. I have an u/s Wednesday morning first thing, so unless things progress/change before then, I think I'm going to sit tight rather than freak everyone out and get sent home from L & D.

My stomach is very itchy.   I can't help but to scratch it often.  It's all class with this HR Manager, folks.

My instict is to NEST like crazy, but our house addition is still not done.  The reality is, there isn't much else I can do.  Our master closest isn't done yet, so I just have 1 dresser to work with. That is filled currently with my bras, underwear and clothes that CURRENTLY fit.  My other dresser, which is now in the nursery, is filled with its old contents.  So baby girl clothes are washed and sitting in the crib.  Baby boy clothes are still in the basement, in the bins of Liam's outgrown clothes. The changing table isn't even assembled yet.

Liam and I went to my mom's house yesterday and picked up my old childhood twin bed. We plan to move him into that ASAP, but I have yet to buy rails, and D is busy with the aforementioned remodel.  Plus, the whole concept of the big bed switcharoo seems so exhausting right now!  I know we should get on it, so it's not necessarily a change he associates with the babies coming home. We are trying our best to not overwhelm him.  It just seems so overwhelming, you know?   *SIGH*.  He hasn't been sleeping nearly as well lately as he ALWAYS has in his crib for whatever reason, so we figured a change might be welcome.  Plus, we do plan to utilize his crib when we separate the babies.

In better news, someone pooped on the potty on Friday! Hint: It wasn't me.  Although I probably did too.  It just wasn't noteworthy and deserving of a whole HANDFUL of M &Ms.    He isn't consistent all at yet, but we are not pushing it and are seeing some progress!

Man, I just need a nap.  So I ate a bunch of licorice instead.  I just can't believe there are going to be TWO babies to care for. At the same time. 


32 weeks.



8 comments:

Gemini Momma said...

This:

"Man, I just need a nap. So I ate a bunch of licorice instead. I just can't believe there are going to be TWO babies to care for. At the same time"

...is like, the most incohesive, BEST paragraph I've read in weeks. LOL. Hang in there, you're getting close!

Jen said...

Ha, incohesive is what I'm all about these days!

Kari said...

You look like you dropped. Hang in there. Good luck with the bed transition. You will have to post tips and tricks, wait who am I kidding you won't have time for that with 2 newborns. Good luck with your ultrasound on Wednesday too.

Lauren said...

Seriously, you look amazing. It almost irritates me. lol

S said...

I think you look like you've dropped, too.

When I was at the point you're at in my twin pregnancy, I had been on bedrest for a few days for preeclampsia. I can't even imagine caring for a toddler in addition to being that pregnant.

You are getting so close! Hang in there.

Jules said...

Hey there, I found your blog through Gemini Momma's blog and thought I'd drop by to say hi! I'm 31 weeks (tomorrow) with twins via IVF. You're funny. I'll be reading...

addingtothepack said...

OMG I am so impressed that you are tackling potty training and considering the transition to the big bed at 32 weeks. I've written potty training off until after the twins arrive, but we are in the middle of the transition to the toddler bed (not our idea) and it suuuuuuucks (like 2-3 hours of suckage every evening). Hopefully your little man is more cooperative than ours.

I also scratch my stomach all the the time, unconsciously in public. All class.

AL said...

32 weeks!!! hang in there babies! Life sounds so stressful right now, but you're handling it well and if the babies come early, things will get figured out!