That is what I had today. The first part of what they call a "new OB" appt. I just met with the nurse, and just did this interview, so to speak. She asked a bunch of questions abouts family history, my personal medical history, etc. She gave me a thick paperback book documenting pregnancy week by week, and I did lab work in preparation for my "real" appt on Wed with my OB/GYN. I guess the l/w never ends! Some of the questions wanted to know if the pregnancy was the result of fertility treatments, and if it had taken longer than a year to get pregnant. I am not sure what difference that makes at this point. Maybe they will be extra attentive to me! (a girl can dream).
I asked that since I already had an u/s, if that meant I wouldn't get another one until the one at 20 weeks. She said she was pretty sure Dr. H would do one on Wednesday. I am so relieved to hear that! I really just need to know that everyone is going according to planned in there. What little symptoms I have are definitely not getting worse, if anything I would say I am feeling better than I was a couple of weeks ago. I am definitely gaining weight, although I have not weighed myself to know how much, but really, that is about all that I have going on besides being very hungry, which is really nothing new. Sometimes I feel very tired, but that is nothing new either. I do notice the shortness of breath from time to time, and I do still have the night sweats, although not every single night like previously. So I *really* hope the little one still has a heartbeat in there!
I am so extremely thankful to not be sick, but at least that would be mentally comforting if nothing else!
I will feel much better when Wednesday afternoon is over. Others who have said you never really get over the anxiety after IF; you just refocus it onto the next milestone are definitely right. It seems there's always something to worry about!
4 comments:
I can't wait to hear about your Wednesday appointment! Hopefully you get new baby pics!
Yay for another u/s! I'm with JC--we wanna see more pics!!! :)
I'm interested in why they ask you if had fertility treatments too...maybe risks of multiples? Seems like it shouldn't matter at this point at all.
Enjoy seeing your little bean, and I hope to see some pics too!
I know (kind of) what you mean. I feel like if I ever get pregnant I will worry through the whole pregnancy, too. After experiencing IF I think it might be impossible to have a worry-free pregnancy.
I hope everything is okay at your appointment!
Post a Comment