Sunday, October 18, 2009

Good Times

So the symptoms are evidently in full swing now! I feel more tired each day, and fairly queasy on and off, and sometimes dizzy. It is definitely making things seem more real. The food cravings/aversions are really weird; it's like an alien has taken over my body! Something I normally like will sound good one day but not the next. Or sound good in the morning but not in the afternoon. This is going to make meal planning and grocery shopping rather challenging I think! My bras are all tight, and my pants also. I'm still a bit paranoid about buying too many baby things, although I did find a pair of good maternity jeans on sale at Ol.d Na.vy for $6! Too good to pass up, especially since I can wear jeans to work a lot of the time. They are still way too big, but good to know they are there when the time comes.

After my u/s, I gave my mom the green light to tell my grandparents and my aunts, and she somehow took away from that conversation that she could tell anyone. So she told her longtime co-worker, who is the biggest gossip in the small town where I grew up. This apparent little jem of a story was quickly being discussed by the LUNCH LADIES at the high school! Of course my aunt on my dad's side works at the school, and she found out quickly and was immediately on the phone with my grandparents, who were under my dad's instructions to not tell yet. Good lord. So it's definitely coming from both sides of the family!

My MIL has cleaned out and photographed all the baby stuff they have at their house (like a U-Haul's worth), and is ready for us to come inspect and pick up ASAP. Um, can they at least wait until the 2nd trimester before we start filling our house with baby stuff?????? Sheesh. Chill out people! It's hard enough for me to chill out; I don't need everyone breathing down my neck! I'm very grateful to be able to receive some hand-me-downs, but it isn't time yet!

Other than that, D and I went out to dinner for my BFF's birthday last night, where everyone was enjoying cocktails and sushi. Bummer! Not that I would trade this for some raw fish and some vodka :-) Been there, done that.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, your family sounds just like mine. They can't keep a secret to save their lives!

Anonymous said...

Wow! The chaos is in full-swing it sounds like :) I hope things can calm down for your sake very soon ...

AL said...

Glad you're feeling like a real pregnant woman and starting to enjoy things.

Hehe, it's kinda cute that they're so excited but I would be annoyed as well :-)