Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's a Boy, with Pics!

We had our 20 week u/s today, and it's a boy! It was an interesting experience; my OB wanted me to have the scan done with the Perinatologist here in town, just to get "extra good" pics since I am taking a couple different things for insomnia/anxiety. Everything looked good, but they were not able to get good shots of the heart since he was lying on his stomach most of the time. They had me turn over to reposition, and then they tried having me empty part of my bladder, but he just wouldn't cooperate. Stubborn like his dad! So they want us to come back for another scan (yay!), but she asked if we would mind getting it done with her colleague, a Peds Cardiologist, since she said he's better at getting stubborn heart pictures. She assured us she didn't see anything alarming. Once she left the room, the u/s tech confirmed that she really would have told us if she saw anything alarming. The particular dept is actually one that I recruit for, so I know this doc has a reputation for being no-nonsense, so I also believe that she wouldn't have kept quiet if something was alarming. So I guess we will get another u/s after all!

Here are some pics. We didn't get a close up of the "boy parts" but she seemed pretty certain! I haven't had an u/s since 9 weeks, and that was very brief just to make sure we could still see the h/b. Now to see all of this today, it was like HOLY CRAP! There's a BABY in there!
We actually had a girl name all picked out, as we had a strong feeling it was a girl, but I guess we will have to switch the game plan!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY that's awesome, congrats!!! He's so cute!!!

Marla said...

Awesome! Congrats!

Alison said...

Amazing! Congrats on your little boy! I was wondering when we'd hear :)
You look super cute, BTW. Congrats again!!

AL said...

Congrats on your baby boy! Better get to picking out a baby boy name.

quadmom said...

AHHHHHH!!!!! YAY!!! I am so excited for you! Congratulations on your baby boy! What a cute little guy he is -- I love his profile!!!

*huge hugs*

Anonymous said...

YAY! Congrats on team BLUE! That's a great picture. :)

Kate said...

YAY congratulations!!! How exciting to KNOW.

Lin said...

So handsome! Congrats on Team Blue! :-)

jones said...

Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yay!yay!yay! for team Blue! That is sooooo awesome!!!!!!!!