Thursday, January 7, 2010

More Adventures in Maternity Clothes

So since I have really nothing exciting to report lately, I thought maybe I would take a "maternity clothes pic of the week" or some other nonsense. I obviously have to get better at taking pictures of myself, it takes me forever and none of the pictures are decent! I always want to get into my sweats ASAP when I get home from work though, rather than wait until D is around. I tried to figure out the timer on our regular camera, but alas, the camera is evidently smarter than I!

So here you have my outfit from today. You will have to excuse my lame excuse for a mirror; (thanks IKEA!). It's like a distorted circus mirror!


Skirt: Old Navy Maternity. I spent most of the day hiking it up and readjusting. It's really too big yet, and it's a size XS! WTF. I have to order online though, as we don't have an Old Navy very near here that has maternity.
Boots: Chinese Laundry

Sweater: Kohls

Tights: Vera Wang for Kohls

These pants, however, are the biggest WTF of them all. Uh, yeah.

So they are size small Old Navy bootcut. Look at the "real" waist sticking out from the "panel" waist. What am I supposed to do with that? I know! I will send them back, that's what.*SIGH*.
I've been to quite a few stores lately to look for pants for work, and have come up pretty empty-handed. Many are too short or just plain don't fit right. These kakhi pants are actually pretty darn slim in the rest of the body, so I don't think skin tight on the ass pants would look good by the time my stomach catches up! LOL. Maternity clothes are way more challenging than I anticipated. I was kind of looking forward to shopping for them, but I'm over it now! Sorry for all the whining. Nothing puts a girl in a foul mood quicker than a wardrobe "crisis"!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I love those boots too!! Yea the pants are pretty big. But your tummy will get a lot bigger, do you think they'd fit later on?

AL said...

Love the boots, you get dressed up really nice for work. I hope you find some good comfy clothes that work for you soon, you sound kinda frustrated with them. Maybe your tummy just needs to fill them out a bit?

Anonymous said...

You'll grow into them! I know you are frustrated, but they are SUPER cute. I love the boots. :)

Anonymous said...

The pants in the second picture are weird. Could you try buying some clothes in a bigger size that aren't maternity? Would you get a better selection that way?

quadmom said...

Very cute! I like your boots a lot! I am dreading maternity pants shopping ... I always had so much trouble finding pants that fit as it is!!