So here is my maternity outfit of the week; I am actually wearing a maternity top AND bottoms for the first time today! I had to do interviews, so I had to look respectable :-0
Sweater: Duo Maternity
Pants: Mimi Maternity
This is one of those Friday nights where a glass of wine would really hit the spot. I will restrain myself though :) It's just been one of those weeks!
I had to deal with the most ridiculous Jerry Springer-esque employee relations issue that involved me firing a good employee today for violating company policy. It was this huge convoluted story involving an ex-husband, the new girlfriend (yep, the crack whore!), a restraining order, HIV lab test results...you know, just a typical day in the life of an HR Specialist! Dude, I actually had to SAY "crack whore" in front of my boss, my director and my company's legal team! At one point, the head laywer (one of my company's VPs)was getting somewhat fired up as we worked through these different scenarios. The little alien started kicking like crazy, and as has become my recent habit, I put my hand on my stomach to feel him. The VP stopped mid-sentence and said "uh, are you okay?" I said, "yep, he's just kicking a lot; he must like the sound of your voice!!" (you know, sucking up...) Everyone oohed and ahhed and said "is there something you guys want to share with us??!!" LoL. It was pretty funny. What a week!
Headed to a Badger basketball game tomorrow with D and my dad, and tomorrow night D and I are going out for a Valentine's dinner. Sunday's it's down to business with my mom to start making the baby list! Hope you all have a great weekend!
8 comments:
I've got to admit it, I'm very curious about the crack whore, HIV thing, especially about how it came to be an HR issue.
Have a good weekend!
Sounds like a very interesting work day! Wow!
Ok, so I HAVE to know, where did you get those Mimi Maternity Pants? I was *so* looking forward to shopping at Mimi and now I find out that they are out of business (or merged) with A pea In The Pod.
That outfit is adorable!
That fiasco sounds completely ridiculous. My DH brings home stories like that daily, but that's because he works at the VA hospital!
Your outfit, as usual, is adorable! I finally got 3 pairs of maternity pants but I think I need to alter them to fit my scrawny thighs in them. Finding pants that fit (w/o altering) has always been a nightmare for me sadly.
Sounds like a stressful job. I don't think I could fire someone. The whole storyline does sound interesting though.
Wow - your job certainly sounds interesting! You'll have to elaborate sometime :)
You are the cutest pregnant girl ever.
Wow that does sound interesting!! What a crazy week!
The outfit is super cute and I hope you have fun at the bball game and Vday dinner!
Hope you had a great game and a wonderful V-day!!!
You look absolutely adorable in the new outfit. How cute!
Whoa, what a crazy day at work. That's hilarious what you said to your VP. I hope you had a great weekend!
Post a Comment