Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I am still here in the hospital and "get" to stay tonight as well. BOOO!
I was really hoping to get to go home today. I feel like such a sitting duck around here. I have not had further bleeding though, so that is a very good thing. I did have the u/s a little while ago, and they said everything looked good. Apparently when placenta abruptions are small, they aren't visable on a scan, and they couldn't see mine. Baby weighs 4.4 lbs already! That is more than I weighed at birth :)
My doctor stopped by to chat with me. Her suggested plan of attack included giving me 2 steroid shots to mature his lungs should I go into labor all of a sudden in the next couple of weeks. She said abruptions are really hard to gauge, and you have really no way to predict if it will do nothing for 8 more weeks, or if it will suddenly turn into a bigger deal. So if all goes well and I don't have more bleeding/cramping/contractions, I can go home tomorrow after my 2nd shot.
She wants me to be off work for a week, and then if all goes well, I can probably resume a shortened work schedule to see how it goes.
So that's where I'm at now. Just hanging out at the hospital. I no longer have the IV hooked up, nor is the baby monitor strapped to me. So it feels kind of lame to be here when I could be just as easily hanging out in the comfort of my home! Oh well, obviously they know what they're doing around here. They keep asking to check my pad to check out my bleeding! And if I change it, I'm supposed to save the old one for them to see! Can't say I'm jealous of that job!
10 comments:
Oh Jen, OMG! I can't believe this!!! How scared you must have been!
I'm so glad that everything is going better and that the bleeding has stopped.
I'm glad you've had no more bleeding scares and things seem to be good now. I'm sure sitting at the hospital is super boring, but you're doing the right thing for your little boy. Hang in there!
I am so glad that the bleeding stopped and you are doing okay. I know you are bored, but it's great that they are being extra careful and making sure everything is okay before sending you home.
Hang in there. I hope you get to go home tomorrow!
Good news. Sounds like everything will be ok and the Docs can prevent any complications in case little guy decides to come a bit early. So crazy that he's already 4 1/2 pounds! Hope you get to go home soon!
I'm glad the bleeding has stopped! I hope you can go home tomorrow and enjoy a little break from work... think of it as the ultimate "stay"cation!
Just wait till you have that baby. Talk about a yucky job those nurses have. They still have to do pad checks and after my first baby they had to clean me after birth. I could not do it. I wanted to, they said nope. They also had to see that I had a bm before I could go home. Eww! I'm glad to hear you are doing better.
I'm glad the bleeding stopped and everything is ok for now. I hope everything is ok and these last few weeks aren't too hard for you. Man, that must be scary. As for the pad-checker...lol that cracked me up. That should be on the show "dirty jobs", lol!!! Hang in there!
I am so glad things are getting back to normal for you!
It sounds your Little One is doing a fantastic job! yay! for 4 and a half pounds:)
wow. i'm glad to hear that the bleeding has stopped and your dr. sounds like she has a good *plan.* Just tell that little guy to stay put and bake for a while longer. Hope you are home today!
Ow wow, so not fun. Hang in there!!
Post a Comment