Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

Hi everyone, I hope you had a good weekend. We have had by the far the best weather of any Memorial weekend I can remember. We have had visitors pretty much constantly since we got home late Friday afternoon. At first it was great to have extra hands around to help, etc, but by yesterday afternoon, I was starting to lose it when more people showed up.  I had to escape and get a pedicure, where, by the way, the nail tech asked me how far along I was!  DUDE.  Not cool.  Not cool at all.  I have included a picture of me from today. Yes, unfortunately I still look rather pregnant.  I have lost 18 lbs so far though!

I have been feeling fairly decent; the soreness from the stitches seems to be getting a little better each day, so that is good.  Still bleeding, but I guess you'll have that. I think the majority of my discomfort now is from my pretty wicked hemorrhoids. There doesn't seem to be any good way to get them to go away quickly.    Hot baths alternating with ice and lots of Prep. H seems to be the best route!

Liam has been a very calm good baby thus far, although tonight he has been very fussy. Of course this is the first night no one is here with us, so he is testing us I think!  My mom was a huge, huge, help, and we feel pretty helpless without her! We shall see how the night goes tonight. We have been getting semi-decent sleep so far, but it has involved me sleeping with him on the couch for a portion of each night.  For some reason that seems like less of a risky habit to get into than having him in bed with us for some reason.  He likes his pacifier at night, but when it falls out, he starts wailing.  Hopefully we can start to get a routine down a bit!












He was sleeping peacefully in his crib today.







The Belly today!

11 comments:

Ella said...

Dude, you managed to get a pedicure with a week-old baby at home? That's some sort of miracle and I am HIGHLY jealous! Good for you though. Liam is a doll, I hope he stays calm for you!!!

Ella said...

Scratch that -- a FOUR DAY OLD at home!!?? You rock.

Khaira said...

I agree- way to go on the pedi, and you were worried about being able to shower :)

I got asked with my baby at 3 months how far along I was...I cried the whole way home.

Liam is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Ok, first off, Liam is adorable :) I love the pics.
Secondly, the EXACT same thing happened to my SIL when she went to get her toes done a week past the birth of my niece. She left the salon crying.
That exact same scenario is my biggest fear - I might loose it. Did you kick the nail tech? (I might would have "accidentally" splashed water in her face, LOL)
PS - how cool is it that I just moved your blog from the "Pregnancy" category to the "Parenting" category in my Google Reader - LOVE IT!

quadmom said...

He is precious!! Seriously, what a cute baby!! I know what you mean about the pregnancy things. I get that pretty much daily. I had an old man offer me his grandkids' names for my "baby" at the car dealership yesterday. Um, thanks? I am not naming my stomach fat!

I totally need a pedicure, too ... you KNOW it's bad when your husband throws money at you and begs you to get one lol.

Keep us updated on your day-to-day routine -- I'm beginning to freak about bringing home the babies and could use any advice whatsoever!! =)

jones said...

Liam is beautiful!! and I think that you look smashing!!

thanks for the real *insight* into labor and its aftermath.

Anonymous said...

He is amazing and beautiful. I just can't get over how perfect he is! I am so happy for you. And I could see how the constant barrage of visitors would drive you crazy. I think I would feel the same way. Oh, and who gives a shit what that nail tech said. You look great for just having a baby!!!

Kate said...

Oh Jen he is PRECIOUS! And you look fantastic. I think you are doing an awesome job if you managed to sleep even a little bit and handle your first few nights at home. Not to mention getting a pedi :)

Anonymous said...

Awe, he's so cute Jen! And you look great, you'll get your body back in no time. 1/2 way there in 4 days pretty much right?!

I'm glad yot got a pedi!

Marla said...

Gosh! He's adorable (like you need me to tell you that)!

djordan said...

He is SO stinking cute!!