Saturday, May 15, 2010

37w, 4d No Action Yet

Just thought I'd give a quick update that there's no update!  I feel like all the bedrest drama turned into a bunch of hurry up and wait, as that is pretty much where I'm at now.  Waiting.  And waiting.  I have had my final shower with my coworkers, so there really is nothing that needs to be done. D even installed the car seat today!  I watched, b/c I am helpful like that :-)   I have washed all the clothes, bought baskets and bins to organize everything on the changing table shelves, arranged the nursery and started packing my bag.  We made a $300 Coscto trip last night to stock up, so we have enough pita chips and Gatorade to last us a long time! We also went to our "taking care of your newborn class" so we are fully informed now. (yeah right!) 

Last night was the first night my Carpal Tunnel didn't make sleeping an excruciating event.  For that I am thankful.  This last week has been pretty rough.  I am now seeing an Occupational Therapist.  Sometimes working in healthcare has major benefits, as I don't even need to go outside to get to her from my office!  She has me wearing the braces at night, and some "kinesi-tape" (?) on my wrists during the day.  There isn't too much else that can be done apparently. I also ice before bed.  All in all, I am just ready to be done being pregnant and can't wait to meet the little dude.

I will post some pics of the finished nursery soon.

4 comments:

Bug's Momma said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and going to be able to sleep better in these last few days/weeks!

Anonymous said...

You're almost there! So excited! You can do it. :)

quadmom said...

Can't wait to see the nursery!!

You're so close now!!

jones said...

So are you absolutely preoccupied by when this kid is coming? I am and I still have WEEKS to go. Glad that he's still baking and that sleep has improved.