Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone. We are doing well, although a certain bruised and battered part of my body vehemently disagrees!
I will share more of the birth story at a later date, but I went to work yesterday somewhat sure I was having contractions, but I was thinking they would stop. They didn't. They got worse, my co-workers timed them for me, and they told me to get my butt to the hospital. I was only 1 cm dilated when I got here, so they were thinking they may send me home after monitoring me for 1.5 hours. During that time I was hanging out by myself in triage, in MAJOR pain. I was thinking, if this isn't labor, and they are going to send me home, then I am a major sissy! When they rechecked me, I was at 3.5 cm already! Definitely labor. I was soon at 6, and man, it was rough. I got the epidural around 7 cm, which was about 3:30 yesterday I believe. I didn't start pushing until 9:30 last night, mainly b/c we were waiting for the doc to get done with someone else! 2.5 hours and a grade 3 tear later, Liam entered the world. I must say, vaginal births are just barbaric! There is no way around it! Not sure I've ever been so exhausted in my life, and I didn't get much sleep last night despite sending him to the nursery. We are going home from the hospital tomorrow sometime.
I am going to ice my bruised lady bits now!

14 comments:
Oh, Jen, he is perfect. So adorable.
Huge CONGRATS and HUGS to you and your sweet baby boy.
Take it easy so your lady bits heal up :-).
Oh, he is precious!
I've been reading a lot of horrific birth stories lately! Yikes! I'm beginning to think that labor is a lot of work! ;-) Feel better!
Congratulations! What a cutie.
Huge congrats!!!!! SO EXCITING!
What a little doll!
Congrats! He's beautiful!
Liam is just so absolutely precious:)))
CONGRATULATIONS to both of you!
Congrats! He is very cute and love the name.
Awe, he SO cute!!! Good job Jen! Hope you heal up quickly, that sounds rough.
Are you kidding me?!?! Liam is so adorable it should be illegal. Seriously, how is he this cute post-vaginal delivery -- like PERFECT cute!! Aw okay I will stop my gushing and just say CONGRATS again x 100. I am just so, so happy for you!
*big hugs* You did it!
Awww!!!!!!! Liam is adorable :) I love the pic and the kit cap too :) no detail goes unnoticed, LOL.
I'm so sorry about the grade 3 tear! That sounds like it SUCKS! I hope the ice helps, that's what I've heard supposedly helps the most, although, I cannot imagine that anything feels really good down there right now.
I hope you have a quick recovery.
Liam is absolutely perfect.
and ouch. seriously ouch.
Congratulations! Liam is beautiful, and I love his name!
He's amazing and perfect. Congratulations, Jen. I am so incredibly happy for you.
xo
Post a Comment