Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Food Obsessions

So not only am I loving chocolate this week, I am now in love with grilled Black Forest ham and cheese sandwiches with soup. My new favorite soups are Progresso Santa Fe chicken and Tuscany chicken. I am obsessed! I've always been a big eater and have always loved food, but good lord; it is consuming my thoughts for much of the day now! What will I eat next? I asked D what we should have for dinner at 10:30AM yesterday. Heh. So far I haven't really craved anything I wouldn't normally eat though. I'm sure the cravings will get more strange as time goes on.

I had never heard the no deli meat during pregnancy thing before, so it's a good thing I can eat it if I nuke it first. So many things to learn.

I have the 1st "regular" appt on Friday with my OBGYN's nurse, and then with the doctor next Wednesday. I'm not really sure what the nurse appt will entail, but I'm guessing it will involve telling me to take pre-natal vitamins (check), avoid caffeine (check), yada, yada. I already got The Handout from Dr. P during my u/s, but I will gladly take another one, as I keep learning new things like the deli meat thing. And no salad bars??? Who knew? Good thing salad bars don't have grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and chocolate :=0

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is wrong with salad bars?

Jen said...

Apparently salad bars have a lot of bacteria from the food just sitting there all day. First I had heard of it

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm yum! I love grilled turkey & cheese and tomato soup (but that's a regular craving, not a prego one). I didn't know about salad bars either. Interesting stuff! Have fun at all of your appointments!!!

Anonymous said...

That sandwich sounds delish. And I'm not even pregnant!!! I've heard that about salad bars, too. My old boss was so upset that she had to give up hot dogs that it was her first post-pregnancy meal.

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Wow - I like the sound of those cravings :) I hope that your appointment went swimmingly today! Can't wait to hear the update!