So both D and I told our immediate families right when we found out about the HPT (well, once the betas were all good). We told them we weren't telling other people except a few close friends yet. I think telling them so soon may have been a mistake. We were just SO excited after trying for so long that we couldn't keep it in.
I obviously am not ready to broadcast it on Facebook or anything like that, and they all know that. Both sets of parents are seriously having one hell of a time keeping their mouths shut, particuarly D's. His mom just emailed to ask me if she could take the u/s pics to a chili cookout this weekend. SERIOUSLY? JUST CHILL OUT. I think it's a bit premature to get an email titled "Hi Mommy". His parents already have 2 grandchilren who live with them too! They need to relax a bit. Sheesh. My parents have also just been dying to share the news. I know they all mean well and are just happy for us, but I think we should have waited to tell them b/c they are driving me nuts!
Hindside is always 20/20, huh? **I definitely realize this is a good "problem" to have, and isn't in fact a true problem at all. I do get that. I am just feeling particularly stabby, hormonal, tired, and queasy today. :=)
end rant
3 comments:
Definitely something to keep in mind for when I get a BFP! A chili cook-off??? Lol!
Hope you have a good weekend
Ugh, parents. At least they are happy, right? I doubt I would get near that reaction out of my ILs. Have a great weekend and GOOD LUCK! :)
I don't have any advice but to say that I wish your parents and IL's would realize that this is YOUR experience and life and let things be told on your terms.
Glad to hear that the pregnancy is going well and that you graduated! YAY!
Post a Comment