Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Lucky Day

So I had a massage this afternoon, my 2nd since the BFP. Getting massages are my favorite indulgance BY FAR. I really love nothing more. If D was a massage therapist, my life would be complete :-0 He doesn't even give much of an effort and acts like it's a huge chore though, so I will gladly just pay someone else to do it! I am normally pretty tense and have crappy posture. That coupled with lots of computer time, and my upper back and neck are usually in rough shape. Today was just the 2nd time I have been to this particular place. It's small and hasn't been around for long. The therapist (Ishmail!) asked if I would be willing to give a pregnancy testimonial for their website. They have other testimonials on there from athletes, etc. He said he will see me for the rest of the pregnancy once or twice a month and give me $20 off each session. Um, yes please! Sign me up!

He told me today he could definitely tell that my muscles are lacking hydration, especially my legs. I have never had anyone tell me that before. I feel like I do a pretty good job drinking water throughout the day, but I guess not! Just what I want to do is pee more!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Ishmail is giving you a deal! Are you sure you didn't show him your goods?!?!

Alison said...

that is awesome! I love massages...such a treat!
that's weird that the massage therapist could tell that you were dehydrated. drink up, girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! What an indulgence :) I'm sooo jealous! I'd take up that offer to write the testimonial too if it meant a discount on future services. And I've actually had a massage therapist tell me I'm dehydrated before ... so definitely drink up!!!

I had my eyebrows waxed yesterday at a new spa that just opened in my town. I was perusing their menu and saw prenatal massages and got really excited. Apparently they're "allowed" after the 12 week mark ... only 3 weeks to go! I can't wait!!!

Marla said...

Yuck, I hate water. Drinking it is a chore!

I have never had a professional massage done before, but I am seriously thinking about it, bc I have very sore neck and shoulder muscles 99% of the time.

AL said...

That is so awesome, 20 bucks off each session?! Jackpot!!! Enjoy :-)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! What a great deal. And keep drinking that water! Baby needs fluids. :)

quadmom said...

OMG I love massages!! Love them! Your DH sounds like mine -- he will like half-ass some semblance of a back rub til I get frustrated that it sucks so bad. =) Is there a trimester where you can't get one? I thought it might be the 1st so I haven't gone for one, but if it's not, let me know b/c I could use it!

Lucky you on the discount, too!

MRS.B said...

Oh so jealous about your massage deal! That's so awesome! And yes water is a def. chore! My husband always tells on me at my dr. appts for not drinking enough H2O...I told him if he keeps it up he has to stay home!