So I got some news today. Um, my younger sister is pregnant. Now, I knew she was trying, but they JUST started trying. Yep, it took 1 month. Obviously it only takes many couples 1 month, but I just didn't think it would happen for them so soon. Well, I suppose I should have, as she is That Girl whose life has pretty much been perfect, you know the type....straight A's, very popular, Prom Queen, got the first job she applied for out of college, has always had boys lined up to date her, the list goes on.... Needless to say things have not been that easy for me growing up, but I'm not trying to say my life has been difficult. I don't want to give the wrong idea!
Obviously I am happy for her, for them, but I just can't imagine how I would feel right now if I wasn't already pregnant. I have NO idea how I would possibly be able to handle that!
It will be great to have cousins so close in age, but too bad they live 4 hours away.
They were so sure it would take them a bit of time that they have a trip to London planned in March. I would be lying if I didn't admit there's a tiny bit of me who wishes her lots of morning sickness, because I didn't have any :-))
7 comments:
Yup life sucks and it's not fair. Nothing we can do about it. That's what I've come to realize. Thank God you are pregnant! Otherwise, I can't imagine the pain you'd be feeling.
So so unfair. So glad you're pregnant already .... gah. Why can't it take us all one month. Must be nice.
Morning sickness! Lol!
Like JC and Al said, glad you're pregnant already. It takes a little of the sting away (at least, I imagine it does, I have no idea bc I've never been pregnant while hearing that my prom queen sister is KTFU on her first go 'round). I know I read this comment on someone else's blog or something, so it's not my original idea, but why don't you celebrate with your sister by treating her to an Ex-lax popsicle. Lol! ((I'm so mean!))
I am sorry about the stingy news:(
But! you will be the first to hold your Little One in your arms;)
Much love your ways.
Oh, Jen, I am SO glad you are pregnant. I can't imagine trying to process that news if you were still TTC. And I don't blame you one bit for the morning sickness wish. :)
Thank God you're pregnant. I remember when my sister announced her accidental pregnancy. I couldn't even believe it. It still blows my mind that someone could get pregnant on accident. HOW??
It seems that some people do have it all and don't have to work that hard to get it. DH's brother and his wife got pregnant the first month they tried. Our nephew is almost 2 years old so I'm expecting a pregnancy announcement any day now. I'm secretly wishing infertility on them ever since they turned us down to be a sperm donor. Awful of me, but I can't help it.
www.brandysheaif.blogspot.com
Post a Comment