Sunday, May 23, 2010

I Had No Idea

To all the times I have made jokes about feeling like a beached whale after eating a big meal, I say, I was just kidding. Totally joking!  I had NO IDEA what it felt like to *really* feel like a beached whale!  Dude, it was 90 here today!  IN WISCONSIN. IN MAY.  WTF.  It is more likely to be 50 than 90 here in May.

Holy shit am I hot and uncomfortable!  And I thought I had it made to be missing the hot summer months.  Joke is on me, folks!   Did I mention I'm ready to be done?!   I tried to do my same prenatal pilates DVD that I have done since the beginning today. I can no longer do it!  Belly is officially in the way. For those of you familiar with pilates, I can no longer do a "roll up". And this is the pregnancy version with 2 stacked pillows behind me.  

I bought my first baby stuff at a garage sale yesterday...found some great deals.  We got a swing that plugs in, as I've been told that is the way to go to avoid paying a shitload in battery $.  I officially recommend getting anything possible from a garage sale!

I hope you guys had a good weekend. This upcoming week is supposed to be my last week of work before maternity leave, but we shall see if that is actually the case.  He really seems to be pretty snug in there! Snuggled all up in my ribs.   GETOUTGETOUTGETOUT

4 comments:

Mon said...

pedicure, especially the foot massage, started my labor (and my friends just this monday)

Alison said...

I have been SO hot all day - this weather is crazy - I can only imagine what it feels like with a 7lb baby inside me! Hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the pedicure comment. I had another friend who drank half a glass of red wine and then went into labor. Start googling tricks to get that precious baby moving!

Anonymous said...

Your comments of Getoutgetoutgetout just crack me up. I have a feeling that I'll be screaming the same thing in about 8 weeks :)
I hope your LO makes his debut ASAP! If you have the cash, try a prenatal massage - might help things move along.