What everyone has been waiting for.....my 5 week belly!
Ha. I know that's not what anyone cares about! My appointment today. Yeah, about that. Well, it's twins! And...possibly a third? There are 2 clear yolk sacs measuring 5w4d, and something else that COULD be one, but also could be a blood clot. I go back in 1 week to see more. She said it's a bit too early to really "bank on" twins, as there is a "vanishing twin syndrome"? Maybe she was only telling us that so we would feel better. Too soon to see fetal poles and obviously too early to see h/bs.
I would say that we are in shock around here, but that would be untrue. I would have been shocked if it was just one, to be quite honest. She said she has seen those beta #s with a singleton, but I would surely bet that is not very often! Anyway, that is my news. From infertile to apparently way too fertile. Damn drugs.
7 comments:
Wow, so it's twins or triplets!! Very exciting! Congratulations!! I hope things are sinking in and you are getting excited for your new additions. Multiples is a shock (heck, I sobbed through my entire first u/s and had nightmares for weeks, so I get it!) but they are such a blessing and so much fun, too. Looking forward to following along on this new journey with you. :)
Congratulations times 2 or 3!!! Very exciting! When is your next u/s? I look foward to hearing more!
I just realized you said you go back in a week, I am sorry!
Congrats on the pregnancy! I understand your worries about multiples, but I hope everything settles down soon, you will get all the needed answers and can fully enjoy being pregnant again:)
And it's good the RE can keep an eye on things this early! that makes time pass much easier.
I am very excited for you!:)
Congratulations! I have to say, I am surprised! I was shocked that I was only pregnant with 1, and I had 6 mature follicles, so I was pretty sure you'd only have one, too. Your betas didn't scare me, since I have a history of high betas too.
I can't wait to see what happens at the next ultrasound! Are you having less anxiety now? Or just as much?
Yeah!!! So happy for you. I know twins is scary, but how exciting! Email me if you have twin questions!
Oh boy! I had a similar experience with my twins, I went in early and they told me they saw two sacs but that it was to early to say twins...but, they both stuck! Parenting twins with other kids at home is one of the hardest things I have ever done in my whole life! Really! But, I would never change a thing! Congrats!
Post a Comment