Monday, March 12, 2012

Double

We had another u/s this morning. It's definitely twins;  we saw two tiny flickering heartbeats.

I feel like I am still in shock about this for some reason.  I am just having a hard time digesting it.  My insomnia is really bad again, and now I have a cold.   Liam is being a tantrumming hot mess lately, and he's taking every last ounce of patience and energy that I have.   And he goes to daycare! He's seriously like a walking commercial for the Super Nanny.

I got offered the full time job, and I think I am also going to get offered the part-time one today.  I really don't think I have the physical or emotional energy to give to a brand new full time job right now. I feel like I would just let them down.   What a load to think about all at the same time!

In pregnancy news, I am so so hungry, and so very constipated!  Other than that, I feel pretty normal, which is how I felt last time also.  At least my fingernails are nice and long for once in my life :)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm sorry things aren't going so smoothly right now:( I know the twin thing is a shock and it wasn't your first choice, but once those little munchkins are here, you would never want it to be any different! (I know that may not help right now...)

I was/am super hungry with both of my pregnancies. Like, the hunger is crazy. And frankly, after dealing with it for the past 6 weeks, I am SICK AND TIRED OF IT. I have gained SO much weight (you can't tell, except that my bump is enormous, but I was weighed at the midwives' and I was SHOCKED), and I have to stuff myself at night before bed so I can avoid eating in the middle of the night. And I don't even WANT to eat at that time of the day! I am seriously so annoyed by it. I can't wait for it to end, but I don't remember when it did during my first pregnancy.

quadmom said...

I am glad to hear it is only (only, ha) 2. That has to be a big relief. And give yourself all the time you need to absorb this information. Don't give into any pressure from yourself or anyone else to be over the top excited (hard, I know, because everyone freaks out with glee when they hear you are having multiples) until you are ready. It will come with time.

That is great news that you will get offered both jobs. No matter what you choose it will be awesome to have that stability money-wise right now.

Re: hunger ... try the Bolthouse Farms protein smoothies (without caffeine) or Ensure w/Protein if you can stomach it. It helped me a lot. Re: constipation, try a gentle stool softener (not a stimulant laxative).

Hang in there, Jen!