Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Employable

So I did get offered the part-time job yesterday as well.  That was the one I wanted to take, just b/c I thought it would be a better fit for my current "situation".  D wasn't as big of a fan of that idea, as long-term it wouldn't make financial sense with me working part time and 3 kids in daycare.  We went round and round, and he finally agreed I needed to do what was best for me now, and we would tackle the future when the time comes.

So I called the VP (who would be my boss) of the full time job and told him that I was declining, as I just learned I was pregnant with twins and just didn't think I could do it. (there are only 2 HR staff there; I would be the manager).   I didn't receive the reaction I was expecting.  He kind of begged me to accept, even AFTER knowing about the pregnancy!  He said I was their clear choice.  So I said I wanted to work 4 days/week.  He said he will consider it if I can show that I can handle the workload that way.  So I accepted!   I am really glad to start somewhere and have them already know about the pregnancy. He thanked me for being upfront about that, as he admitted I did not owe them that.  So I guess that is one weight off my shoulders, although right now it still seems daunting to start anything new.

My cold has turned into a hell beast of a cold.  Do you guys have any experience with meds I can take besides benadryl?  I printed off a list from Webmd of pregnancy-safe cold and flu meds, and I headed to Target and Walgreens.  Not much on the list was in either store.  I don't think saline nose spray is really going to cut it!

5 comments:

erika said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
Fantastic news!
I am super excited for the Little Flickers:)
and what a great attitude from your future employer! I am definitely impressed. I hope the new place works out great and will be a nurturing environment for you and the Babes!

Congrats again! you are doing great!

Littlest True Blue said...

sudafed for sinus
otrivin nasal spray (use before bed)
robitussin DM for cough

and thats it.....

I'm coming off a sinus cold i've had for a month...it is miserable, and I think it hurts even more when you are pregnant! Hoping you get some relief or atleast some sleep!

Lauren said...

Congratulations on your new job!!

AL said...

congrats on the job and the twinsies!

quadmom said...

That is fantastic news!! So happy for you!