Monday, March 19, 2012

Sicky McGee

You guys,  I have the worst sinus infection I've ever had in my life, so I haven't been able to breathe through my nose in over a week now.   Last Wednesday I got some amoxicillin at a low dose, and unfortunately that has done nothing for me.  Over the weekend, I was visiting my sister in MN, and I had what felt like a random nasty toothache.  I had never had a toothache before, and I had just gotten my teeth cleaned 2 weeks ago, but my jaw/teeth/face was throbbing all weekend.  I went to both the dentist AND the doctor today, and both agreed that nothing was wrong with my teeth...it is all sinus-related.  Oy.  This was after much use of the neti pot, Sudafed, etc etc, etc.   So they upped my amox to 3 times/day. That isn't the best med for sinus apparently, but I don't have a lot of options being knocked up.  I am hoping this does the trick, as I start my new job tomorrow and am just a hormonal exhausted congested mess!   Who calls in sick on their FIRST day though?!   I will have to suck it up.   Tonight I'm feeling a tad better, but last night I was too, so who knows....today was rough.

I meant to take a belly pic, but of course I forgot/am too lazy/tired/crabby!   I am growing quickly..and I tried on my regular jeans for the first time in like 2 weeks this afternoon.  Getting snug.  I hate how quickly I gain weight in my butt and thighs.  But I can wear jeans every day at the new job...flip flops too!  THAT is much needed right now!

I'm going to get my whiny self ready for bed. 

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I am sorry you are not feeling well! Hope you feel better & you have a great first day! I am very jealous about wearing jeans & flip-flops!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're sick. Sinus crap is the worst! I hope you feel better soon :)

manymanymoons said...

I'm sorry you feel so sucky. It's one thing to be sick when you can knock yourself out with drugs and just rest, but having to chase a little one, be pregnant, and start a new job must feel impossible. Hang in there.

quadmom said...

Oh my gosh you have been through the ringer! I hope you feel better soon and that you have a decent first day at work despite being sick!

Lauren said...

Aww, sorry you are so sick:( What bad timing to get something like that. Being pregnant and about to start a new job!